Corpus Christi Mayor Joe McComb’s tradition of hard work, community service, and family values have been the benchmarks of his career. After graduating from W.B. Ray High School, McComb attended Stephen F. Austin State University where he majored in business. His academic success set the stage for his role as the owner and current President of McComb Relocation Services, a family owned Corpus Christi-based business established in 1940.
In addition to using his education and talents to help build his family’s business, McComb also chose to devote much of his time to public service. He represented District 5 on the Corpus Christi City Council from 1983 to 1987 and again from 1989 to 1993. He was then elected Nueces County Commissioner Precinct 4
from 1995 to 2002 and again from 2011 to 2014. Following a special Mayoral race in May of 2017, McComb’s extensive political experience and strong local ties led to his election as Mayor of Corpus Christi.
Ever mindful of the importance of giving back to the community, McComb has been involved with a variety of groups and organizations like the United Way, the Corpus Christi State School Volunteer Services Council and founder of Operation Paintbrush, an organization which has painted and repaired over 1,800 homes in the Coastal Bend with no cost to the homeowner.
McComb and his wife Mary have five children and eleven grandchildren. In his spare time, he enjoys hunting, fishing and working in his yard.
Mayor McComb is an experienced local leader with a demonstrated record of composure and grit in the face of pandemics, hurricanes, and the daily demand of City Leadership.
Under Mayor McComb’s leadership, Corpus Christi has made tremendous strides towards quality of life initiatives including investment in street projects, parks and city pools, and an alternative water supply.
With your support, Mayor McComb will continue to work hard for our community through his steady leadership and unwavering commitment Corpus Christi.
Joe McComb – Known, Trusted, and the Best Choice for Mayor of Corpus Christi
- Infrastructure – Mayor McComb has been a champion for wise infrastructure investment. Under his leadership, the street improvement process and become more streamlined and vendor management processes have been instated. In the last 2 years alone, over $280 million has been invested in Capital Improvements around the city, with more than half of that going toward Street Projects.
- Water – The City has made significant improvements in our water system. Corpus Christi is now rated as a Superior Public Water System by the State of Texas.
- Parks and Rec – Under Mayor McComb’s leadership, the City has invested in parks and splash pads all over the City. Just this year, we announced broad improvements and enhancements to 14 City Parks.
- Mayor’s Disaster Relief Fund – The Mayor’s Disaster Recovery Fund has raised over $500,000 in private donations since April. These donations have been distributed to over 20 local non-profits through the Coastal Bend Community Foundation. Additionally, over 5,000 FREE COVID-19 Supply Kits have been distributed to citizens as part of the Fund.
- 2020 – 2021 Budget
- Council passed a 2020-2021 City Budget with NO rate increases or tax hikes
- Public Safety and Public Health
- I am committed to fully funding Police and Fire Departments. Through 2023, as part of a 5 year plan, the City will have added 25 uniformed officers and non uniform positions to enhance services. Coupled with this financial support of First Responders, is my support with the Homeless Initiative. Many of the calls they receive every day are a result of Mental Health and Homelessness issues. We will continue to learn from other cities and implementing policies and procedures to help get our homeless population resources they need.
- Though much work has been done, there is still more to do. I will continue to fight for investment in our Streets Programs with the latest technology, ensuring longer lasting and better-quality roads.
- Alternative Water Source
- Investment in Desalination is critical for water security in the Coastal Bend. Nothing is more important than water security. As your Mayor, I will continue to lead the important process of securing this alternative water source for the future of Corpus Christi.
Our campaign is powered by contributions from supporters like you
“Though COVID-19 has changed many aspects of our daily lives, there still will be an important election on November 3rd. The need remains to let you know what has been accomplished and what I will champion in the future as your Mayor. To get our message out, we need your help. It does not look like we can have traditional fundraising events. Enjoy your free time, but please consider donating to the campaign and please help spread the word.
Thank you for the honor of being your Mayor. I would appreciate your vote and financial support for my re-election so I can continue the job of Mayor of this great city.”
– Mayor Joe McComb